Spiceworks' Free Help Desk and IT Management Software Now Appeals to Larger Networks
Spiceworks is to release a new version of its help desk software with expanded features intended to help manage networks of up to 1,000 computers.
Press Release (PressBurner) Apr 14, 2010 - AUSTIN, Texas - December 11, 2009 – Spiceworks™, Inc. today announced the release of a new version of its free help desk and IT management software with expanded features designed to help users manage networks of up to 1,000 computers. Key feature additions include real-time SQL Server monitoring, enhanced scan scheduling, editable network maps, help desk queues and SSL support. Currently 20 percent of organizations worldwide with between 100-1,000 employees use the free Spiceworks software to manage their IT operations. The latest version will be available for download at www.spiceworks.com.
“Our user base continues to grow not only in number but in the size and complexity of the networks our software helps manage,” said Scott Abel, co-founder and CEO of Spiceworks. “These larger organizations have asked us for more sophisticated IT management capabilities typically found only in products that cost thousands of dollars and take days or weeks to implement. Today we’re delivering several of their most popular feature requests and look forward to adding more in the coming months.”
Spiceworks is the most widely deployed IT management software in the world, now with over 850,000 business users in 196 countries worldwide. Together these organizations support 28 million employees and manage 45 million computers and devices. New features available in this 17th release of the Spiceworks help desk and IT Desktop software include:
* Real-Time SQL Server Monitoring provides real-time monitoring of key SQL Server performance metrics, including transaction load, I/O throughput, disk space consumption ñ all trended over time.
* Dynamic Scan Control gives users more flexibility and control over how their networks are scanned, including allowing individual and customized scans by device, subnet and department. Better support for remote locations is also included.
* SSL Support offers full SSL encryption to provide greater security within organizations and for MSPs and businesses using the software to remotely manage multiple offices and locations.
* Customizable Network Maps provides the ability to create and view multiple network maps, edit existing network elements and add new elements, change the layout and organization of the elements, and add annotations.
* Help Desk Routing and Queuing allows users to group and work help desk tickets based on the content or source in the ticket - such as “all printer problems” or “tickets from the marketing organization.” Rules can be based on any data attribute in the system, including title, summary, source, severity, employee, or user defined attributes.
International Support offers translations of the Spiceworks software in over 10 languages, including German, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Dutch, Danish and Croatian. All translations were crowdsourced by the Spiceworks user community.
The Spiceworks IT Desktop is a free social IT management application used by organizations of all sizes to automatically inventory, monitor, troubleshoot, report on and run a help desk for their IT networks. It is the first business application to embed crowdsourcing, social networking and community collaboration features directly into an IT professional’s daily workflow.
More information on Spiceworks can be found at www.spiceworks.com. Follow Spiceworks on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spiceworks. To connect with Spiceworks on Facebook visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spiceworks/15382903707.
About Company : Founded by network and systems management software pioneers, Spiceworks develops the first free social help desk and IT management application that incorporates crowdsourcing to help over 850,000 businesses and 77,500 managed service providers (MSPs) simplify everything IT. Spiceworks makes it easy for IT pros to manage their networks, collaborate to solve technology problems, and find the best practices, products and services they need day-to-day. Through its Voice of IT™ market research program, the company also publishes data on important technology usage, staffing and purchasing trends by small and medium businesses worldwide. Spiceworks is a privately held company headquartered in Austin, Texas with funding from Austin Ventures and Shasta Ventures. For more information visit www.spiceworks.com.